Welcome to our Journey

Thanks for sharing in our journey of moving from a couple in love TTC with no intervention to the land of testing and procedures...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Take Three

Aunt Flow arrived today and brought with her a mixture of feelings! I'm happy she is here and semi-excited about starting a new cycle, but nervous about the "what ifs" and dreading the roller coater ride I've experienced the last two pregnancies.  Ya know...every cycle getting excited about the possibilities, spirits being up, BDing, then hopefully, anxiously waiting to see if (literally) the fruit of your labor materializes...then, nothing. Ugh.

I do feel that I'm entering this cycle with a better mindset than before. I do feel that I'm going to get pregnant again and that I have the team around who is capable of caring for me and helping me have this next baby be a sticky baby.  Of course, since the arrival of AF this morning, the insanity has started creeping back in and I've stalked the boards reading to determine my next plan of action.

First, about me:
I use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor (CBEFM).
My cycle is typically 26-27 days long.
Based on temperature, CBEFM, and my previous pregnancies I ovulate on day 11.
The two times I've gotten pregnant, I've BD'd on different days, but always within 24-48 hours of ovulation.
My EWCM is almost non-existent, so we use Pre-Seed.
My last cycle we used Instead Softcup and felt that was useful.

Plan of Action:
Temp every morning
Continue using CBEFM
Add OPKs in the afternoon
Baby Dance every other day starting on day 6 (modified SMEP)
Once +OPK, BD every night for 3 nights
Take one night off, then BD again.

I'll also have my day 3 labs drawn Monday and then my HSG next week (hopefully they can fit me in). The HSG offers slightly better chance of getting pregnant, I'll be coming off a miscarriage, and I'm using the SMEP.  Lots of tools in the arsenal so I have high hopes!  Plus, I only have enough tampons to get me through this menstrual cycle. I don't want to buy more!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm here for ICLW. I'm an RPL-er myself, so I understand the anxiety but you sound like you're in a good place. Best of luck to you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following and feel we have a lot in common (trying to motivate to get to the gym, recent vacation where weight was gained, pregnancy loss in Feb 2011, etc.)

    ICLW #64

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments. I appreciate your support. Liz--we definitely seem to be in the same place! Thanks for following me :) Look forward to learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete