Welcome to our Journey

Thanks for sharing in our journey of moving from a couple in love TTC with no intervention to the land of testing and procedures...

Monday, March 21, 2011

From funk to fine

I woke up in a funk today! Bless those who had to be around me.  After having the day to think about it, I know why.  I recommitted myself to being healthy and working out.  I worked Saturday and ate well that day. After working 12.5 hours and being away from my home for nearly 15, I still sucked it up and did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD.  Great job, right!  Right.  Then Sunday...I worked all day and watched my eating but boy was I starving when I got home! I did fix a healthy meal and plan my food for yesterday, but could not muster up the energy to do the video even though it was only 20 minutes. I knew I would be disappointment in myself and I was.  So, I went to bed thinking what a horrible fat slob I am and woke up cranky.  Should teach me a lesson...

The day was ok otherwise. I called the REI group to update them on my progress (welcome back AF) and to schedule my HSG.  It was, of course, difficult because no one seems to know what they're talking about. I'm so used to working with nurses in a hospital setting where we are expected to guide the patients and use our critical thinking skills.  That is not what is expected of the aids and nurses at MD offices.  I need to understand that and things will go much more smoothly.  Long story short, my day 3 labs were ordered (but I didn't make it there in time! Add that to tomorrow's list) and my HSG is scheduled for Thursday.  Should be good!

I was still in a funk when I got home, but was excited to see my D because I hadn't seem him since Friday due to our conflicting work schedules.  We got in a little fuss partly because I was already feeling a little insecure and partly because we were working on a project together and he got snippy.  I just took a quick nap and then he apologized and told me he loved me when I awoke.  Sweet :)  Then we decided to prepare a nice meal together, which is so unusual for us these days.  We made up a marinade for salmon and stuck that in the fridge.  D then shot some hoops outside and I went for a run.  Yes, a run...or jog...or jog/walk. Whatever! I went.  I decided to restart the Couch to 5K running plan. I can already run a little, so I started on week 4.  I did it and it seemed like the right level to start at for me.  So, we'll see how that goes.

After our exercise, my mood was totally changed. I was proud of myself! I had planned a really healthy dinner as well.  D and I spent the evening chatting, cooking our food, and just enjoying each other.  Such a nice night.  I needed that~

Oh, and welcome all the IComLeavWe bloggers! This is my first time participating (obviously since I only recently started this blog) and am so excited to be involved.

11 comments:

  1. Fellow ICLW person here and how nice to be the first person to comment on this post. What can I say - Blogging is brilliant and has been an amazing source of therapy for me. And strangely I am doing the couch to 5k as well - up to week 8 which I find incredible as a non-runner with big boobs that I am seriously hoping this will improve - though rubbing them off may not be my ideal option. The very best of luck with your upcoming treatment - I was very sorry to read about your losses as a fellow miscarrier - love, luck and strength for the coming months xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW!! The best thing about the HSG is it's probably the only thing in the "IF" world that you don't have to wait for results. You'll find out right away. :) Good Luck with everything!

    -Lavonne @ *Our Wish*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Here from ICLW #97. Good for you for getting exercise in - I don't think I would ever have done it after a full day like yours!

    I also have had recurrent loss, so much strength and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing how much exercise can help, it's just making myself do it thats so hard!!! now that the weather here in NC is shaping up it will be easier and more enjoyable to get out :)
    Good luck with the HSG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments! Kate--great job with finishing C25K! I only made it to week 6 last time I did it. This time, I'm going all the way :) Lavonne, good point about the HSG, immediate knowledge is so rare. C-thanks for your comments. Best to you as well! amiracle4us--exactly! oh, and I'm jealous of that NC weather. I'm from NC and love it there this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stopping by from iclw..... welcome to the blog world!! hoping you have few visits to the RE, and get a BFP soon!!
    best of luck with your hsg.... i was also dreading it.... mine was uneventful, and easy.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found your blog from reading your comment on a fellow IF blog. Welcome to the network and support amongst the IF world. Sorry for your losses, I too have lost 2 angels. Good work on the exercise, it does lift spirits and ease stress. Looking forward to following you..

    Tee from www.infertilitee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. exercise really does make a big difference, especially in dealing with all the IF stress. i took up running recently and i just feel much more calm about it all now. good luck with your HSG! i did mine last month (been TTC for years, but didn't start the testing and procedures until recently) and it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to blogging and to ICLW. You will find some amazing people in the ICLW community, so happy blog-cruising.

    I haven't ever heard of the Couch to 5K scheme, so thank you for that. I have lost 11 pounds since the beginning of the year, but my weight hasn't budged for the past 3 weeks, so I have to do something new to jump-start it.

    If you haven't already heard about the Fertility Focus Telesummit, which is going on this week, you may want to check it out. There's still time to register and you can listen to fertility experts and a few well-known bloggers via phone or computer. You can click through from my blog, Your Great Life. http://yourgreatlife.typepad.com

    Wishing you the best,

    Lisa (ICLW #112)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exercise is the best. ICLW #25 Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES!! Couch to 5k! As a person who hate (HATES!!) running, and who can now run about 5 miles continuously thanks to Cough to 5k, I say YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete